The Texas Public Employees Association experienced success since the beginning by securing passage of the constitutional amendment and statutes that created the Employees Retirement System in 1947.
TPEA’s advocacy on behalf of active and retired state employees is characterized by pragmatic proposals, creative problem solving and a clear, consistent vision of superior benefits and competitive salaries that allow employees to maintain a comfortable lifestyle for themselves and their families.
How to be your own advocate
Although law prohibits agencies from attempting to influence legislation, you have a right to advocate on your own behalf - as long as it's on your own time and with your own personal resources. Here are a few ways to get involved:
- Join TPEA, an organization that advocates for you
- Sign up for text alerts: click here or text TPEA to 313131
- Subscribe to our newsletter with your home email address
- Know who represents you
- Think about your circle of influence
- Write a letter to your legislator(s)
Learn how to be your own advocate.